Monday, 30 December 2013

Part 7: Routine

I've gotten into a really good routine for blogging and completing goals that I set for myself. One of the first things I do in the morning is work on my blog. I get up, I get some breakfast, and I sit down and write. I do this every day. I don't procrastinate, because I enjoy it. I'm motivated to get started, and it's a pleasant way for me to start my day.

Of course, writing isn't the only part of fashion blogging. Not that writing HTML isn't loads of fun, but I also take this time in the morning to check my email, organize, and check a few sites like my Instagram, Independent Fashion Bloggers, my affiliate programs, and a couple others. Sometimes my goals include sewing, or painting. I'll do those things too.

The next thing I do after I've finished my breakfast, checked my email, and put out a post for the day is exercise. For most people this is probably not a goal that they associate with blogging, but for me it is. I've talked before about how I've wanted to model, but I'll also be "modeling" for my own posts. Exercising is something that will help me achieve these goals. Not only that, but I want to be fit, and to be able to open a jar by myself! I can't tell you how motivated I've been to work out lately. I've been really pushing myself, because I want this.

I know a lot of fashion bloggers worry about scheduling and organization. I use two really simple things: notepad, and folders. Nothing fancy! I have a TO DO list on my desktop that has everything that I need to do, everything I need to buy, etc., and I look at it every day. For pictures and documents, I organize it very specifically into folders in my Pictures folder. This is honestly the easiest way to do it, and it works for me.


I have one for my progress with Insanity too.


And there's folders within folders within folders to keep everything completely organized. But I'm not perfect, so there are a few on the end that didn't really fit anywhere.

Sometimes the amount of things I need to do, or the amount of work that needs to go into one project can get overwhelming. Instead of looking at the whole big thing, I'll take one little part and make that my goal for that day. For example, if I'm working on a big scary overwhelming sewing project, I'll give myself the task of just printing out the pattern, or just sewing on the buttons, or just learning the one new thing that is scaring me out of moving forward. Maybe for some people it'll come off like I'm lazy for saying that, but I'm easily overwhelmed and stressed out. By giving myself these small tasks, I'm still working towards my goals every day and getting things done, even if it's kinda slow.

Sometimes after completing the one tiny task, I'll be motivated to keep going. Getting myself to do the one thing gets the ball rolling. Sometimes all you need to do is just start.

I'm pretty happy with what I've been doing. Things could be better, but right now it's pretty good. Of course I wish that I had a huge collection of clothes, a bunch of sponsors, and right now I really want some canvases, but I'm keeping myself busy enough and getting enough done to satisfy myself. The amount of work is manageable, I could probably take on a little more. But for now I won't wish all of the extra work and stress upon myself. I'll be happy that I'm slowly working towards my goals. Until maybe a month from now, when I get really frustrated again for no reason!

Follow: Facebook | LookBook | Instagram | Youtube | Blog Lovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment